DEVOTE is a 24-month project co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme.
01/11/2020 - 31/10/2022
Introduction to the project
The DEVOTE project aims to strengthen the integration of students with migrant backgrounds in schools and improve their success in education by providing training, coaching and guidance to teachers equipping school leaders and educators with the necessary skills and innovative tools to support secondary students in the process, strengthening collaboration between schools, families, and other external stakeholders by providing them the Intellectual Outputs described below.
- Develop the professional development of teachers in dealing with migrant and refugee learners and diversity in classrooms.
- Support schools to facilitate inclusion and success of newly arrived migrant and refugee students, thus contributing to the tackling of early school leaving (ESL).
- Support and enhance the performance of newly-arrived migrant and refugee students in secondary schools.
- Strengthen collaboration among all members of the school community (school leaders, teachers and non-teaching staff, learners, parents/families).
- Extending and enhancing secondary school teachers’ skills and competences in teaching of literacy and numeracy to students with migrant backgrounds.
- Providing a diagnostic tool for the effective assessment of literacy, numeracy and digital competences, gaps and needs of students with migrant backgrounds.
- Promoting innovative practices, digital and non-digital, in teaching literacy, numeracy and digital competences of secondary students with migrant backgrounds.